Ver. 00. 01 (04.09.2018)
This Privacy Notice is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
It is within our anticipation that in the provision our services, as a medical clinic, we would need you to disclose certain information to us which are either personal or sensitive to you.
We value your privacy and sensitivities and respect all information which you may have so disclosed.
Therefore and as required by the PDPA, we shall only collect information that are necessary for our purpose(s); store them safely and protect them from any accidental disclosure. Further, we shall use those information responsibly, professionally and strictly according to the laws and the terms herein.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to let you to have a clear understanding on what personal data that we collect and on how and why we collect them as well as on how we store, protect and use or otherwise
handle or process the same; and also to notify you of the options that are available to you regarding your right to access and update your personal data and your right to limit our use of the same.
Data to be collected
Listed below are the data on or about you that we would need to collect.
- Personal Information being the following:
name, gender, date of birth, nationality, home address, telephone number, e-mail address,
- Medical Information being the following:-
medical history and medical records, allergies, medical diagnosis, medications, health or medical conditions (physical and mental) and all other information on related matters.
- Medical Insurance.
These information will be referred to collectively as “Personal Data” or where appropriate as “Data”; and for clarity, “Personal Data” (or “Data”) may be collected, stored or recorded in digital or physical format and further the said expression covers
- information presented in or as images (in addition to those presented in or as alphanumeric texts); and
- any reports, dissertations, tabulations, compilations or summaries derived from or created using the Data or any part thereof SUBJECT ALWAYS to the condition that the said reports, dissertations, tabulations, compilations or summaries carry information that could identify you, directly or indirectly.
Collection of Personal Data will be made either at the point when you first register with us as patient (or earlier if your first contact with us was establised through our online portal at www.……..) or subsequently, as and when needs and circumstances may dictate. For clarity, the reference to “needs and circumstances” relates to the state or condition of your health or your prognosis; and also to your medication or treatment.
Purpose for collection
We collect your Personal Data for the following purposes –
- assessing the general state and condition of your medical health;
- diagnosing the likely cause(s) of your complain(s);
- executing X-rays, appropriate scans and medical tests; and
- prescribing appropriate medications and or treatments.
This list is not exhaustive.
Access, update and correction
You may at any time during office hours from Monday to Friday (inclusive) inspect your Personal Data and submit to us a request for correction or update to be made thereto; and, if you deem necessary, to withdraw any consent that you may have given to us hereunder.
However, with regards to –
- inspection of Personal Data, you are required to let us have a 24-hour prior notice;
- correction or update of Personal Data, we shall carry out the same within 7 working-days after receiving your request to do so; and
- withdrawal of consent, you are hereby advised that any withdrawal of consent by you may adversely impact our ability to perform or carry out our services properly or fully.
Disclosure of personal data
Your Personal Data will be stored safely and kept confidential at all times; and the Data will be disclosed
only to the following third parties.
- External medical experts in Malaysia or elsewhere (e.g. Japanese radiologist and physiotherapist) for assessment or diagnosis;
- Clinics or companies which either are affiliated to us through shareholding or are in collaboration with us in some professional capacity;
- Ministry of Health and all departments or bodies thereunder; and other related Ministries or Government departments or bodies;
- Law enforcement agencies in relation to any ongoing investigations;
- Insurance Company or Agent in relation to any insurance claim(s);
- Banks and financial institutions in relation to any credit card payment(s);
- Professional advisors e.g. (without limitations) lawyers, auditors and tax consultants; and
- Publishers (including online publishers) and printers of medical journals in relation to any case study made in the interest of advancing medical knowledge.
Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, recipients of Personal Data identified in categories 1 and 2 above shall be required to provide a written Confidentiality Undertaking in terms that are consistent with those herein.
You are required to acknowledge your understanding of this Privacy Notice and to indicate your consent to our collection and use of your Personal Data in the manner herein stated by signing the Written Consent annexed.
We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Policy Notice from time to time. Kindly check our website for information on our most up-to-date practices.
How to contact us
Kindly contact us as follows:
c/o Oriental Wellcare Group Sdn Bhd,
Suite 14.8, Level 14, Menara IMC, No.8,
Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur